Sports and games are very important. They keep one healthy and fit.They offer a change from the monotony of daily life. It is a useful means of entertainment and physical activity. Sports and games help in character building. They give energy and strength. Sports and games are means of mental and physical growth. During sports one comes to learn many things. They learn how to maintain mental balance in the midst of hopes and despair. The Sports and games make one learn how to tackle difficult situations. Sports develop a sense of friendliness. They develop team spirit. They help in developing mental and physical toughness. They give energy and strength. They remove tiredness and lethargy. They improve blood circulation. This improves our physical well-being.
Sports and games improve our capability. They improve our efficiency. Either study or work alone makes one feel exhausted and ultimately efficiency is at stake. Sports remove our mental exhaustion. Sports are integral part of education. Education without sports is incomplete. These days’ sports are a part of academic curricula.
Report for the Year 2012-2013
1. Aalim Muhammed Salegh College of Engineering was selected as the venue for Zone – I Chess Tournament on 28/08/12 and 29/08/12 by the Anna University, Chennai.
2. Our college has participated in Zone – I Football Tournament which was conducted at Gojan Engineering College and J.N.N.I.E College from 24/09/12 to 26/09/12 and we achieved Runners up.
3. Our college Basketball Team has participated Zone – I Basketball Tournament at S.A. Engineering College on 03/09/12 and 04/09/12 and has secured III place.
4. Our college has secured IV place in Zone – I Volley Ball Tournament held at G.R.T. Engineering College from 03/10/12 to 05/ 10/12.
5. Mr. Mohammed Ali of ECE Final Year won III Place in Zone – I Atheletics conducted at Nehru Stadium by S.A. Engineering College from 14/01/2012 to 16/01/2012.
6. Our college students participated in Best Physique Inter Zonal Competition held at Abdul Hakeem College of Engineering from 07/01/2013 to 10/01/2013.