The Central Library supports the teaching programs of the Institution. All students, and faculty members of the Institute are entitled to make use of the Library facilities. The Library, besides having a huge collection of books on engineering, science and humanities offers library services through its various Divisions.
OPAC(Online Public Access Catalogue)
The Library follows Open Access System. The reading materials are arranged in two classes: The General Collections and the Reference Collections. Books are shelved according to call Numbers. When a book is requested by a user accession number must be correctly ascertained from the database available on the “Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC).
- At the time of borrowing, the users are requested to show their ID cards for borrowing books.
• All the faculty members can register themselves for the membership of the library and borrow the books
• Reference books , journals and CD’s may not be borrowed
• Loss of borrowed books should be reported to librarian immediately.
• Loss of library cards to be informed immediately to the librarian.
• The cards are not transferable and should be returned to the library at the time of leaving the institute.
• Any loss to the library through the misuse of cards will be recovered from the owner of the cards.
• Book must be returned on or before the due date.
- .If a book is not returned on the due date, the borrower will have to pay an overdue charge
• Before borrowing a book, the users should make sure that the book is in good condition.
• The borrower is fully responsible for the books borrowed in/her account.
- .Books can be renewed if the book is not in demand.
ISSUES DETAILS AND DURATION
Category of Members
No of Books allowed
Duration of issue
Total Number of Titles : 7232
Total Number of Volumes : 34821
No. of National Journals : 101
E-Journals: IEEE(ASPP), DELNET
DR MARIAMMA ALEX PH.D IN LIBRARY SCIENCE -CHIEF LIBRARIAN AND HEAD OF THE LIBRARY
Serving the college for the past 14 years since 2000