WOMEN EMPOWERMENT CELL
The College has established a Women Empowerment Cell in the College Campus to empower Girl Students, to enhance understanding of issues related to Women and to make the College Campus a safe place for Women Students. With a view to take up Women’s issues and problems, the cell aims to create awareness of their Rights and Duties. It also provides a platform for Women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the Society and to suggest ways to improve and empower themselves.
Aiming for intellectual and social upliftment of the Female Students and Staffs, the cell stands for facilitating Women’s Empowerment through Guest Lectures, Seminars, Awareness Programmes and other Welfare activities.
- To inculcate the Skills of Strong Leadership, Change makers in the Girls to become the ladies of the Society and to build their Capacity.
- To Promote a Culture of Respect and Equality for Female Gender.
- The provision of Opportunities and Programs for Female gender to be financially. Mentally and emotionally empowered so as to promote their growth as individuals in their own right.
- To make them aware about the guidelines of Supreme Court and to ensure that sexual harassment is treated as an unacceptable social behavior within the Institution and Society.
- To conduct Seminars, Workshops to impart knowledge of Opportunities and Tools available to train the Women.
- To help the self grooming/dependent Women to get financial support by identifying the Sources.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among young Girls at the earliest so that they can be “ Job Givers” rather than “ Job Takers”.
- To promote gender sensitivity in the College and Conduct diverse Programmes to Educate, Sensitize both Male and Female members and produce harmonious atmosphere in the Campus.