The National Education policy (NEP) was launched by the Ministry of Education Government of India in the year 2020. The major emphasis of NEP-2020 is to impart education in mother tongue so as to enhance the creativity, critical thinking among the students. In alignment with the above provisions of National Education Policy (NEP) 2020, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has initiated Technical Book writing scheme initially in a 09 languages viz Hindi, Tamil, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali, Telugu, Punjabi, Odia. Subsequently, 03 more languages Assamese, Malayalam & Urdu are added in it. The journey of first year engineering book writing was started with identification of 20 courses, 11 at Diploma level and 9 at Degree level. Subsequently, author from different institutions were identified, for writing original book in English languages. At the same time a parallel exercise was initiated to identify the translators & reviewers by involving technical universities across India. For every identified language, the work was given to the universities so as to provide quality text books to the various stakeholders. For the second year total 88 courses, 42 at the Degree and 46 at Diploma level have been identified across five major disciplines viz Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering & Civil Engineering, for the purpose of original book writing in English and its subsequent translation in the 12 Indian Languages.
The unique features of the AICTE books based upon model curriculum are:
1. Content of the book aligned with the mapping of Course Outcomes, Programs Outcomes and Unit Outcomes.
2. In the beginning of each unit learning outcomes are listed to make the student understand what is expected of him/ her after completing that unit.
3. Book provides lots of recent information, interesting facts, QR Code for E-resources. QR Code for use of ICT, projects, group discussion etc.
4. Student and teacher centric subject material included in book in balanced and chronological manner.
5. Figures, tables, and software screen shots are inserted to improve clarity of the topics.
With the above initiatives the major objective of the AICTE is to provide outcome based Technical Education Books in different Indian Languages to the students and faculty members across all technical institutions in India.
Click here to Download AICTE eBooks from the below