ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
Alhaj.S.Segu Jamaludeen, Secretary & Correspondent, Aalim Muhammed Salegh College of Engineering
Mr.P. Killivalavan, Vice President, ITCOT Consultancy & services Ltd., Chennai
Mr. Ilango, Chairman and Managing Director, ACE Panacea Soft Skills Pvt. Ltd.
Prof Dr.S.G.Balaji, Head- Department of Management Studies
Prof. Dr.M Afzal Ali Baig, Principal, Aalim Muhammed Salegh College of Engineering
ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL (EDC) of this college was established on its own initiative on 15th February 2012. Mr.P. Killivalavan, Vice President, ITCOT Consultancy & services Ltd., Chennai and Mr. Ilango, Chairman and Managing Director, ACE Panacea Soft Skills Pvt. Ltd. inaugurated the cell. Alhaj.S.Segu Jamaludeen, Secretary & Correspondent, Aalim Muhammed Salegh College of Engineering presided over the function and motivated the students to become entrepreneurs.
Prof. Dr.M Afzal Ali Baig, Principal, Aalim Muhammed Salegh College of Engineering has been designated as the Advisor, Prof Dr.S.G.Balaji, Head- Department of Management Studies would as the Convenor, and Dr.Shanaz Sulthana, Assistant Professor, Department of Management Studies as the Coordinators of the EDC of the College. The Entrepreneurship Development Cell has been actively conducting programs in entrepreneurship with concerted initiatives to promote entrepreneurship inabilities among the students.
The objective of promoting entrepreneurship inabilities among the youth is to nurture a passion for self-employment. This will open Avenues for creation of new knowledge-based innovative hi-tech ventures, industries and new breed of technopreneurs and more avenues of employment opportunities thus turning job seekers into job creators and in the process, leading the nation towards industrial excellence and self-reliance. The Entrepreneurship Development Cell of this college aims towards achieving the above.
“The education system should highlight the importance of entrepreneurship and prepare the students right from school and college education to get oriented towards setting up of enterprises which will provide them creativity, freedom and ability to generate wealth – Dr. APJ.Abdul Kalam, Former President of India.”
The broad objectives of EDC would include
- To create awareness on entrepreneurship among the students.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial spirit and culture among the Science and Engineering graduates and post graduates.
- To conduct programs in Entrepreneurship enabling skills.
- To identify and motivate budding entrepreneurs.
- To create a database on industrial information to facilitate entrepreneurs by providing information on entrepreneurial opportunities.
- To assist entrepreneurs in sourcing finance, identifying market, preparation of business plan and product development.
- To guide the prospective entrepreneurs in knowledge based ventures.
- To help entrepreneurs to acquire necessary skills to run the industry effectively.
- To bridge the gap between Industries and Institutions by carrying out research activities for the industries.
- To conduct skill-oriented Industrial Development training programs with updated technologies.
- To provide need-based consultancy services to industries.
Mr. K. Khaja Mohideen, MCA., M.E.,
Assistant Professor & Head, Department of Computer Applications
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Mobile : +91 9976758838