About the Department
Information technology empowers people to do what they want to do. It lets people to be creative and productive. It lets people learn things they didn’t think they could learn before, and so in a sense it is all about potential. Realizing its importance Information Technology, AALIM MUHAMMED SALEGH COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING inaugurated our own Information Technology Department in 2006 with the approval of AICTE. This course will provide quality engineers of international standards fired with imagination, vision and creativity. The starting aim of implementing the Under Graduate programme in Information Technology with intake capacity of 60.
Some of the goals of our department are: –
- Establishing the department as individual independent entity
- Setting up of modernized laboratories
- Development of departmental library
- Enhancing testing facilities
- Strengthening industry institute relations through interaction
- Motivating the faculty for higher education
The primary goal of the Department of Information Technology (IT) is preparing students for both short and long term career success in engineering and technical fields. Our programs for Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Information Technology are developed specifically for students who desire a strong technical undergraduate education in the field of Information Technology. Our programs provide a strong foundation for the application in scientific, engineering and Technical knowledge and methods in real world scenarios.
The department is equipped with faculties who strive hard to propagate their knowledge to their students. They keep them updated with the latest trends of IT by making themselves a part of various workshops, seminar and presentations our faculty is dedicated to excellence in teaching and maintains knowledge of current technology by working closely with industry on applied research projects. As a result, our students enter the work place with state of the art knowledge and the skills to contribute immediately.
The B.Tech Information Technology Engineering program in AALIM MUHAMMED SALEGH COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING includes computer operations on different languages, data generation, collection and utilization of information. The course imparts all the basics as well as latest knowledge pertaining to the rapidly developing field of computers. The course is designed to keep students in pace with the practical field. The main backbone of the course is educating knowledge of computer and its engineering. Almost all fields are computerized to have ease of handling the problems of designing, manufacturing, maintenance, servicing, researching, marketing and accounting. The mission of the department is to produce and impart theory, principles, practice and know-importance of computing in the information age. This requires the critical analysis, design, evolution and improvement of computing system in context of computers and industry services. It is our objective that student should be able to pursue advanced studies in computer engineering and information technology on a competitive universal basis.
Our Department has a good record of organizing seminars, workshops, symposia and conferences in emerging technological areas. The faculty in our department specializes in the above given fields and related sub fields of information technology
Scope for Employment
- Typical start as Software Developers and Software Engineer.
- As Web design engineers, computing / IT consultants, solution developers and entrepreneurs
- As system / network administrators and IT managers.
- To achieve excellent standards of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies and to create technical manpower of global standards with capabilities of accepting new challenges in Information Technology.
- To create competent and trained professionals in information technology who shall contribute towards the advancement of engineering, science and technology & useful for the Nation.
- To impart quality and value based education to raise satisfaction level of all stakeholders.
- To apply new developments in Information Management and provide all possible support to promote research & development.