About the Department
Aalim Muhammed Salegh College of Engineering came in to being in the millennium year 2000 constituting Department of Computer Science and Engineering as one of its four departments approved by AICTE, New Delhi and Anna University, Chennai. The department was started with the vision of providing a platform for Global Excellence, teaching and technology development.
The department offers B.E degree course in the Undergraduate category, initially, with batch size of 40 students. In the year 2004, the batch size has been enhanced to 60, there after the batch size has still been enhanced to 90 in the year 2006. From the academic year 2013-14, the batch size further enhanced to 120. In recognition, Anna University has awarded permanent affiliation to the department. The course enables the student to gain the insights of various subjects in theory, with associated laboratory sessions which enables them with practical hands on sessions.
The department is headed by an experienced Professor and supported by 23 dedicated faculty members. All the faculty members are Post Graduate and 6 faculty members are pursuing Ph.D. The department maintains the required number of faculty as per the norms stipulated by the AICTE, 1:15 as a faculty : student ratio. The faculty comprises with Academicians and Industry Professionals who is having different specializations in Computer Science and Engineering to impart their expertise for B.E (Computer Science and Engineering) course. The Department is having Student Chapter for Computer Society of India and it is planning to have IEEE Student Chapter.
Brief Profile of Head of Department
Dr.C.M.VELU, Professor and Head is having three decades of experience in teaching Computer Science and Engineering subjects right from Lecturer to Professor in various engineering colleges. He has obtained his M.S in Systems and Information from BITS, Pilani. He obtained his M.E from Sathyabhama University, Chennai, and Ph.D from the Anna University. He has 30 publications in the areas of Digital Image Processing, Artificial Neural Networks and Data Mining.
- To be a department of reputation producing employable and entrepreneur graduates with professional skills.
- Equipping the students with relevant and conceptualized professional skills.
- Guiding them towards a bright future and career all around the world.
- Imparting students the values of – Sincerity, Hard Work and Ethics.
- To provide student centric quality learning environment that empowers the student to develop state of art consultancy center in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- To inculcate values in education for the all round development of the student.
- To make positive contributions to the society.